Congratulations! The judging is complete for the Elks scholarship program. Christian County Elks #2777 have six (6) exceptional applicants proceeding to the district judging in late January. There are three young men and three young women. We sure hope that these applicants will move from district and compete at the state level. It would be wonderful if one of them would win one of the lucrative national scholarships. The students are:
- Blake Wright (Monet High School)
- Ethan Smith (Smith Academy High School)
- Ryan Highfill (Spokane High School)
- Megan Surface (Ozark High School)
- Grace-Anne Stein (Ozark High School)
- Isabella Portis (Ozark High School)
These applicants have received a letter the Elks regarding the good news that they won from lodge #2777 and explaining the next process at district competition in late January. The other applicants who were not selected have received a letter thanking them for applying and wishing them the best of luck in their search for scholarships to aid in financing their college education.